Aveva Group sells and supports its engineering software to plant and marine industries around the globe. Aveva Plant is engineering software used to design, build and operate plants of any size and complexity, the vendor said. Meanwhile, Aveva's PDMS, or plant design management system, is engineering software that uses rule-based functions to verify material information and, in turn, cut down on errors and delays.
Aveva also offers Aveva PDMS 12 as a complement to Aveva Plant. (PDMS stands for plant design management system.) The software has a Microsoft Office-like interface and uses rule-based functions and checking tools to eliminate design errors, thus removing on-site delays due to inaccurate materials information, the vendor said. Moreover, designers can view an entire design at all times and create design databases by adding instances of parametric components from an existing catalog.
Using configurable PDMS applications, designers and managers can produce an array of reports and drawings, and hundreds of users can simultaneously work on a project. Standards-based P&ID integration eliminates errors that can result from the use of multiple authoring systems, while automatic change highlighting and tracking helps identify who has changed what in a design, Aveva said. Finally, since Aveva PDMS features a Programmable Macro Language, users can customize and automate the application as needed.
The process and power industries need powerful design applications that can be used effectively across globally distributed project teams. AVEVA PDMS delivers this proven capability, for the smallest refit or the largest green field project.
AVEVA PDMS 12 is a major new release of this world-leading product. Its upgraded technology and data structures provide a strong, extensible platform for its enhanced applications, increasing productivity, providing simple upgrade paths and making PDMS even easier to adopt.
* Fully interactive, easy-to-use 3D design environment, with a Microsoft Office-style user interface based on .NET technology.
* Open P&ID approach consolidates P&IDs from multiple authoring systems into the PDMS database.
* Individual designers can see the entire design
at all times.
* Designers progressively construct a highly intelligent design database by placing instances of parametric components from a catalogue.
* Clash checking and configurable integrity checking rules identify errors and inconsistencies across the design.
* A wide range of reports and drawings can be produced automatically from the design database using highly configurable PDMS applications.
* Hundreds of users can work together in a fully controlled manner.
* Conventional issue and change control processes can all be applied efficiently.
* AVEVA PDMS is highly configurable and includes a powerful programmable macro language (PML) to customise the system and automate key tasks.